So what actually is STEAM Splash?
STEAM Splash is a series of team-based learning challenges for children from Kindergarten through fourth grade. It is built on the mission and values of the FIRST curriculum.
Watch this video to see how it works and see more detail below.
- We provide multiple challenges based on FIRST's Jr. FLL challenges.
- Each challenge will be composed of eight structured activity sessions.
- These will be available at low cost, turnkey “in-a-box” kits, or free DIY downloadable instructions.
- They are designed for teams of six to ten students with an adult teacher or counselor.
- Teams earn badges for participation, learning, and achievement.
- Teams showcase progress and achievements.
- Teams connect with high school student mentors (FIRST FTC and FRC team members with a passion for science, technology, and outreach).